Sun, Dec 10|
Leominster Veteran's Center
2023 World Wide Candle Lighting
Please join us on Sunday, December 10, 2023 as we remember our children, grandchildren and siblings by lighting a candle.
Time & Location
Dec 10, 2023, 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Leominster Veteran's Center, 100 West St, Leominster, MA 01453, USA
About the Event
Please join us on Sunday, December 10, 2023 as we remember our children, grandchildren and siblings gone too soon by lighting a candle. This remembrance is part of the World Wide Candle Lighting where candles are lit at 7pm in every time zone creating a wave of light that encircles the globe.
Doors open at 6:00pm and the service begins at 6:30pm at the Leominster Veteran's Center, 100 West Street, Leominster, MA, 01453.
ALL ARE WELCOME
Whether you are new in grief or 20 years out YOU ARE WELCOME. Whether you've been able to make one of our monthly meetings or not, YOU ARE WELCOME. While our primary focus throughout the year in our monthly meetings is to support parents, grandparents and siblings in their grief, the annual candle lighting is an opportunity for our chapter member to come together with ALL who are effected by that loss. If you are an aunt, uncle, cousin, friend, co-worker - anyone who has been effected by the loss, YOU ARE WELCOME.
We encourage you to bring a photo of your child to place on our remembrance table.
Light refreshments will be served afterwards. If you can help bring a goody, we ask that it be individually packages/wrapped and that you contact Denise at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate.
The Finer Points For Attending:
- NEW LOCATION: this year the candle lighting will be held at the Leominster Veteran's Center, 100 West Street, Leominster, MA 01453.
- TIME: Doors open at 6pm, ceremony to begin at 6:30pm.
- BRING A PHOTO: Bring a photo or memento of your loved one to put on the sharing table.
- While masks are currently not mandated, please wear one if it makes you feel more comfortable.
- Children under 12 years of age will be given a battery operated candle to light.
- For fire safety, lit candles will be placed on a table after being lit. You can collect it at the end of the ceremony.
- Light refreshments will be served afterwards. If you can help bring a goody, we ask that it be individually packages or wrapped. Please contact Denise to let her know you can help at email@example.com.
- Updated 6 hr. ago
- Updated 6 hr. ago